Advertisement
Advertisement

Newspaper Headlines: FG, Dangote set for talks on naira-for-crude deal

Reports on the ban of rallies in Kogi, the visit of Monday Okphebolo, governor of Edo, to Kano over killing of hunters, and the Rivers political crisis, permeate the frontpages.

The Punch reports that many Muslims had a low-key Eid-el-Fitr celebration due to the high cost of living and prevailing economic hardship. The newspaper says there are indications that the naira-for-crude policy of the federal government may continue as all parties involved in the deal are expected to reconvene soon.
Daily Trust reports that Okpebholo has visited Torankawa village in Bunkure LGA of Kano state, where most of the 16 hunters killed last week in Uromi, Edo state, hail from. The newspaper says President Bola Tinubu has approved an extension of the tenure of Kemi Nandap, comptroller-general of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS).
Vanguard reports that communities around Old Ilushi road, Opere, and Goodwill junction in Uromi, Edo state, have been deserted by residents for fear of reprisals and arrests by security agents, following the lynching of 16 travellers by a mob in the area last Thursday. The newspaper says Edison Ehie, the chief of staff to the Rivers state governor, has alleged that he was offered N5 billion for the impeachment of Siminalayi Fubara, governor of the state, when he was the majority leader of the state assembly.
Nigerian Tribune reports that Ademola Adeleke, governor of Osun, has threatened to dethrone monarchs of warring communities in the state. The newspaper says the Kogi government has banned rallies in the state following the planned homecoming ceremony of Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, senator representing Kogi central.

error: Content is protected from copying.