Wednesday, March 3, 2021



Oyo fire service: Outbreak at Sunday Igboho’s house was result of arson

Oyo fire service: Outbreak at Sunday Igboho’s house was result of arson
January 26
23:59 2021

The Oyo fire service says the incident that took place at the house of Sunday Adeyemo, a youth leader better known as Sunday Igboho, was the result of arson.


TheCable had reported how a fire gutted the house belonging to Igboho in Ibadan, the Oyo capital, on Tuesday morning.

Adeleke Ismail, the agency’s director of operations, in a statement issued on Tuesday, said the fire outbreak was reported at 3:20am and fire fighters responded promptly and prevented the inferno from spreading to other parts of the building.

He, however, said items including chairs, plasma TV, and an air conditioning set, were gutted by the fire.


“The Oyo State Fire Services Agency was called to a fire incident at exactly 03:20 hours of Tuesday, 26th January, 2021 through a GSM number,” the statement reads.

“Instantly, our men moved to the location with the new Mercedes Fire Tender FS 10 OY with four personnel from the Molete Fire Station and on arrival at the house, which was located at Soka area of Ibadan, found out that the waiting room and passage of the three bedroom flat was alight.

“The house was later found to belong to Mr. Sunday Adeyemo.


“The Agency’s contingent immediately swung into action and was able to put out the fire, preventing it from spreading to other parts of the building.

“Information made available to our Agency indicated that the fire was as a result of arson, as an individual, who described himself as Mr. Wale and claimed to be an occupant of the building, informed our crew that there were sporadic gunshots in the area, after which fire allegedly broke out in the affected premises.

“The fire ravaged the following items: a set of sofa in the waiting room where the fire started, a Plasma TV, an air conditioner and other items in the waiting room.

“At about 04.30 hours, the fire truck and four personnel of the Agency led by Principal Fire Superintendent II, Ogunkanbi, returned to the station and stood by for operational duties.”



No Comments Yet!

There are no comments at the moment, do you want to add one?

Write a comment

Write a Comment